Job Position: Store Associate
Lighthound is a small web-based business with customers world-wide and a single storefront located in Pearland, Texas. Lighthound has an informal work environment and casual dress code. Our hours are 9am to 3pm Monday thru Friday.
Associates are responsible for packing the web orders for shipment. They pick, pack and label the materials for shipping, weigh the package, and attach postage. Associates must be able to use computer for basic tasks like word processing, email, printing, and the internet. Person must be detailed oriented and organized. Most packages we ship are less than one pound. Pay is between $8 and $10 per hour based on knowledge and experience. This is a PART TIME position.
Required Work Activities
- Verify contents of shipment against original order and invoice
- Ship via various methods, USPS, UPS, FedEx, depending on customer selection
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, and tracking number using a computer and handheld scanner
- Pack, seal, label, and affix postage to prepare materials for shipping
- Fill orders or make sure orders are filled correctly
- Record items taken from inventory
- May perform stock clerk duties, such as stocking and marking shipped goods
- Computer knowledge required
- Ability to lift and move packages weighing up to 50 pounds
- Commitment to Customer Service
- Hours are 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. Monday Friday
- Get information needed to do the job
- Communicate with coworkers
- Perform administrative tasks
- Communicate with people from outside the organization
- Make decisions and solve problems
- Organize, plan, and prioritize work
- Document and record information
- Update and use job-related knowledge
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for employment.